Devices/OSGi USB BRIDGE
OSGi USB Bridge is based on LibusbJava project. USB library Installation :
Filter Driver Installation
Install libusb-win32 :
- Download the latest filter driver installer (libusb-win32-devel-filter-x.x.x.x.zip and then unzip, or libusb-win32-devel-filter-x.x.x.x.exe ).
- Close all applications which use USB devices before installing.
- Run the installer, and follow its instructions. Do not run the installer from an USB storage device, this is especially important for versions prior to 188.8.131.52.
- Test your installation using the testlibusb-win.exe
The needed files for OSGi USB Bridge and correct locations are:
- libusb0.dll -> windows\system32\
- libusb0.sys -> windows\system32\drivers\
Device Driver Installation
To use libusb-win32 you need to install a device driver for your device.
- Download the latest device driver binary package (libusb-win32-bin-x.x.x.x.zip).
- Use the INF-Wizard program to generate the INF file (modify the vendor and product IDs, strings etc). Create different inf-files to install different types of devices (devices with different IDs).
- To verify successful installation you can use the testlibusb-win.exe of the libusb-win32 distribution or the UsbView Program.
The devices will also show up in the Windows device manager when connected:
On linux just install the libusb-dev and libusb++-dev packages. You don’t have to install any driver.
Coming soon :)
Usb Bridge Bundle
this bundle provides USBBridge Service which allow you to find an UsbDevice using VendorID and ProductID