VPN and CNRS certificate
Before you use the VPN, you have to obtain a CNRS2 certificate.
Obtaining a CNRS2 certificate
- The procedure
- Our UMR is number 5217.
- Everything's explain on https://nomadisme.grenet.fr/
- Etienne has a configuration file. If you need it, just ask!
VPN configuration on Ubuntu (for students only)
- Go to https://nomadisme.grenet.fr/ , chose your university, log in and download the Connection profile from https://nomadisme.grenet.fr/install/linux.php (*-Etudiants.pcf)
- Install apt://network-manager-vpnc
- Open "Network Connections"
- Go to VPN tab and click on "Add"
- Choose "Cisco Compatible VPN (vpnc) and hit "Create..." button
For the next, replace the words between brackets by their equivalent found in the downloaded "pcf" file.
- Choose a name for this new VPN connection
- Gateway: [host]
- User name: your university login name
- User password: your university login password
- Group name: [GroupName]
- Group password: go to http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~massar/bin/cisco-decode and decode the [enc_GroupPwd] and put it here
Save this configuration.
- Configure your network proxy to point to
- Proxy HTTP: www-cache.ujf-grenoble.fr
- Port: 3128
- Now, go to the networks applet on the launcher and from the "VPN Connections" choose your newly created vpn connection.
Your are now connected with vpn. You can access to your working lab computers.